YouTube India to be launched
Published Sunday, October 14, 2007 by Gautam Kishore | E-mail this post
Google is planning to launch the Indian flavor of its popular video sharing site YouTube
. The launch is expected between January and March 2008(as Shashi Seth, head of monetization at YouTube, San Bruno California
told). YouTube India
is supposed to aggregate Indian movie trailers, music videos, independent films and TV content. It has already tied up with an Indian film and music production giant, Eros Entertainment
to showcase its new releases etc. Even they are looking to tie up with other big productions both in films and TV too. Also, the news channels are on the list.
As they say,
- The site will help Indian surfers what they want. It will also be an excellent platform for young filmmakers to launch their work.
- YouTube charges $20 for every 1,000 impressions internationally but may have separate pricing for India.
- A Rajnikanth video was recently ranked in the top 100 YouTube videos of all time.
My impression about why Google is launching a special edition of YouTube for a country sharing less than one percent of the global traffic is,
- India is the biggest film production country in the world which proves it has a great potential in video content ofcourse.
- Indian viewers are so interested in movies, music and TV. All they need is an Indianized easy source of entertainment.
- There are so many big production houses to tie up with and earn money publicizing their video products.
- Number of YouTube users is not much but number of video entertainment lovers is the highest in the world. It indicates there is a huge scope of business out there.
- Indian content lovers are not just in India but in whole world.
We’re waiting, Google.
Labels: India, YouTube