Google Office out now, oops! its Google Docs
Published Wednesday, October 11, 2006 by Gautam Kishore | E-mail this post
After acquiring Writely
, everyone knew that google is rolling out its own Web Office. Then came Google Spreadsheets
which is really a great tool so far but still needs improvements if comparing to Microsoft Office or Open Office.
Now, Google has combined both, writely and spreadsheets into one application named Google Docs
. The google version of writely has following features according to ajaxian
- Use our online editor to format documents, spell-check and more.
- Upload Word documents, OpenOffice, RTF, HTML or text.
- Download documents to your desktop as Word, PDF and more.
- View your documents’ revision history and roll back to any version.
- Invite others to share your documents by e-mail address.
- Edit documents online with whomever you choose.
- Publish documents online to the world, or to just who you choose.
- Post your documents to your blog.
Here we see the Google suite slowly getting together.
But wait, there is one more highly noticeable something on the internet. Yes, I'm talking about ZOHO Virtual Office. It sure will be a challange to Google in future. You can access it at Zohox.com or ZohoVO.com. Zoho has a big range of web solutions along with the office suite. It already has its Zoho Writer, Zoho Sheet and Zoho Show(an online presentation tool). Sure deserves attention.